In Outcomes Based Education (OBE) there are educational principles which have to be kept in mind when developing learning material and facilitating such programs. As an accredited service provider Blanket Security & SHEQ Solutions is committed to the implementation of these educational principles.
All learners learn in different ways. Each learner has his/her own unique learning style, the facilitator should be aware of each learners learning style and strive to accommodate these learners during facilitation sessions. OBE is not facilitator centered but should always be learner centered. Courses may vary depending on the specific need(s) of the client. The length of these courses may for example differ from an only a few hours up to three weeks. Various courses could be combined to cover the specific need of the client.
Courses We Offer
- SHEMTRAC – 10 days (SAIOSH Accredited- Technical Member)
- Occupational Health and safety practitioner – 1 year (SAIOSH
- Accredited- Technical Member)
- Basic Fire fighting – 1 day
- First Aid Level 1 – 2 days
- Legal liability – 1 day
- Health and safety Representative – 1 day
- Emergency preparedness coordinator – 1 day
- Working at Heights -1 day
- Safe Use, Inspection of Power tools – 1 day
- Safe operating of high pressure water jetting Gun & Machine 2 days
- Scaffold Fixer – 2 days
- Scaffolding Team Leader -2 days
- Scaffolding Inspector – 2 days
Hand tools inspector – 1 dayHazard Identification Risk
- Assessment(HIRA) – 2 daysIncident Investigation – 2 days
- Applying SHE Principals and procedure – 1 day
- How to develop a site specific Safety file (Comes with word format safety file template) – 1 day
- Flag Person-road construction 1 day
About our Courses
The courses vary depending on the needs of the client. The length of these courses may vary from a few hours to two weeks and one year course Various courses may be coupled in order to form a more intense course covering a wider aspect of the Act. The emphasis is that the client’s needs must be taken into consideration. This has a major effect on the financial implications, as the correct training will be given to the correct persons. Time and money will not be wasted on courses which cover aspects that may not be applicable to that client for whom he / she may have had to pay, as it was a course taken “off the shelf”, which could not be adjusted.